What would you like for the holidays? How about a car for Christmas?
Landers-McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep and WHNT NEWS 19 want you to enter "A Car for Christmas" Contest!
Watch WHNT NEWS 19 at 10:00 every weeknight from October 29 to November 25. Every night, watch for the cue to call. We'll also announce the phone number at that time.
Each nightly winner will receive an American Express gift card worth $119. You'll also be entered into our grand prize drawing for a 2010 Jeep Liberty from Landers-McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep!
We'll draw the grand prize winner on December 15 at Landers-McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep, located in Huntsville!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING Prize
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a 2010 Jeep Liberty (MSRP: $24,765.) Twenty (20) daily winners receive an American Express gift card (ARV: $ 119.00). Winner is responsible for applicable tax and license fees associated with the Grand Prize Jeep Liberty.
Who Can Enter
Entrants must be legal residents of these Alabama counties: Madison, Limestone, Morgan, Lawrence, Lauderdale, Colbert, Franklin, Marshall, Jackson, Dekalb, Cullman and Lincoln, County Tennessee who are at least 21 years of age. Employees of Local TV, LLC d/b/a WHNT NEWS 19, Landers McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep (collectively, "Sponsor(s)", their respective affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of each such employee are ineligible. The term "immediate family members" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
How to Enter
The sweepstakes will begin at 10:00 p.m. (C.S.T) October 29, 2009.
By Phone: Enter by watching WHNT NEWS 19 at 10pm weeknights during the contest period, October 29, 2009 through November 25, 2009. When the cue to call is given, be the 19th caller and you become the daily winner of $119.00 and your name will be entered into the Grand Prize drawing along with all eligible daily prize winners. Only one daily winner per household during the contest period.
1. Except where prohibited by law, entry constitutes permission to use a winner's name, hometown, likeness, and photograph in any media for any commercial, promotional, or other purpose without additional compensation. Only one member per family may qualify for the grand prize drawing during the contest period.
2. Sponsor(s) are not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alterations of, entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entries, communications with winners or other sweepstakes information by Sponsor(s) or entrants for any reason whatsoever. Sponsor(s) are also not responsible for any injury or damage to any entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from downloading any materials in the sweepstakes or for entries that are late, misdirected or incomplete. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s) and none will be returned. "WHNT will not be responsible for loss of service by either WHNT or a participant or for a participant's failure to reach the sweepstakes line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service during a call-in period of the Sweepstakes and prior to accepting the 19th caller, the Sweepstakes call-in period affected by the interruption may be replayed at the resumption of service, at the discretion of WHNT, and any such replayed call-in period will be announced on WHNT NEWS 19 upon resumption of service. The use of automatic telephone dialing equipment or other software or computer assisted dialing equipment is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any telephone calls placed to the sweepstakes line may be recorded for use on-air at any time."] CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR(S) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to cancel the sweepstakes if it becomes technically corrupted.
3. "One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from among the eligible daily winners. The drawing will be held on or about December 15, 2009 at approximately 6pm CST at Landers McLarty Dodge Chrysler Jeep, located at 6533 University Drive, Huntsville, Alabama. To be eligible to win the Grand Prize you must be present prior to the announced time of the drawing. The decision of WHNT NEWS 19 is final.
4. "Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a 2010 Jeep Liberty, MSRP $ 24,765. Twenty (20) daily winners receive an American Express Gift card (ARV: $119.00).
5. The qualifying daily winners will be notified at the time the 19th caller is determined each day of the contest period. Daily Qualifying winners must present a valid photo identification and proof of residence. The winners will be required to complete, sign and return a Certification of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release. If a winner cannot be reached, or if a winner does not return the Certification of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within the designated time period, the daily winner will not be eligible to win the Grand Prize and the chances for the remaining daily qualifiers increases.
6. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by a winner. A winner cannot assign or transfer prizes. Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute any prize or component of any prize package with a prize or component of like or greater value, including cash, for any reason. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes that winner's consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor(s).
7. Each winner is responsible for all local, county, state, and federal taxes on prizes based on the value of the prizes set forth in these rules. Grand Prize winner is also responsible for applicable tax and licensee fees associated with the Grand Prize.
8. Winners must claim his or her prize by "5:00 p.m. (C.S.T.)" on December, 22, 2009,, or the prize will be forfeited.
Odds of Winning Miscellaneous
9. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received. "Odds of winning are 1:20."
10. Copies of the sweepstakes rules are available at www.whnt.com and Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WHNT, 200 Holmes Avenue, Huntsville, Alabama through December 15, 2009.
11. For the names of the prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope after December 16, 2009 to: WHNT NEWS 19, 200 Holmes Ave., Huntsville, AL 35801.
12. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law, including without limitation, in jurisdictions requiring registration, the establishment of a trust account, or posting of a bond, or any other requirements or disclosures that are not expressly satisfied by these rules. Sponsor(s) are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, offering, or administration of the sweepstakes, or in any announcement relating to the sweepstakes.